As you probably know, last Friday, June 1, Applause 2018, took place for the third consecutive year at the amazing W Hotel in Barcelona. This is the largest Congress dedicated to App Marketing & Mobile Growth in all over Spain and we are proud to share its success with you!
- Applause 2018 – What was this about?
- Why Applause 2018 was such a Successful Event?
- 1. The hosts and sponsors
- 2. The speakers and the topics
- 3. The workshops
- 4. The location
- 5. The crowd
- 6. The networking opportunities
- 7. The food and beverage
- The largest App Marketing and Mobile Growth in Spain – Applause 2018
Applause 2018 – What was this about?
Together with PickASO and AppsFlyer, we hosted this amazing Congress that attracted companies and professionals from all over the world. This year 250 app marketing professionals got together to enjoy a day of networking and learning in one of the best possible scenarios: W Hotel located right on the beach!
International App Marketing experts led different presentations, workshops and panel discussions to enlighten us with their knowledge and experience and to help us get insights about the latest happenings in the industry.
Why Applause 2018 was such a Successful Event?
Caroline Ragot, Growth & Strategy Director at InfoJobs was the responsible for welcoming this event and introducing each speaker. She made the way to Miriam Pélaez, Co-Founder and CMO at PickASO and Daniel Peris CEO and Co-Founder at TheTool who did not want to start this Conference without expressing their gratitude to everyone for taking part in Applause 2018.
Find out what made Applause 2018 – the best App Marketing & Mobile Growth Congress from all over Spain shine bright like a diamond:
1. The hosts and sponsors
As you can imagine there is a lot of work behind a Conference and we couldn’t have made this alone. We are more than glad we could count on the most amazing sponsors that helped us in achieving our goal: making Applause 2018 become a reference conference for many people in the App Marketing industry.
And of course, thanks the brilliant PickASO, TheTool and AppsFlyer’s teams that planned, prepared and thought of every single detail possible to make Applause enjoyable for everyone!
2. The speakers and the topics
We had a perfect combination of speakers with different experiences and backgrounds and diversity in the topics. This edition, we decided to give more attention to user retention and engagement as they appear to be challenging for app marketers.
App Store Optimization (ASO)
Different experts helped us understand the ASO current situation with interesting presentations:
- Luca Giacomel, Data Scientist at Bending Spoons, attracted our attention with his famous talk on “You Suck at ASO”.
- After that, Moritz Daan, co-founder of Phiture, continued with his keynote on “The State of Search Volume Estimates for the App Stores”.
- We also enjoyed of an ASO panel discussion moderated by Peggy Anne Salz (MobileGroove) and formed by Thomas Petit (8fit), Luca Giacomel (Bending Spoons), Moritz Daan (Phiture) and Ekaterina Petrakova (Rocket Internet).
Data Analysis: User Acquisition and Retention
Everyone in the App Marketing industry is worried about these two metrics and that’s why we thought it would be interesting to learn more about them from:
- Guy Uziely from AppsFlyer and Rubén Álvarez from Tuenti who led the keynote on “Scaling Mobile Using a Data-Driven Customer Focus”.
- Ekaterina Petrakova from Rocket Internet talked about “Get the most of your tracking concept for UA, Analytics and Engagement”.
- Gessica Bicego (Blinkist) guided us through “Marketing & Data: The Secret To a Happy Marriage”.
- And finally, Thomas Petit (8fit) shared with us interesting facts and arguments about how to increase user retention beyond Facebook, Google, Apple and Ad Networks.
We also dedicated time to learning about an interesting growth case and we enjoyed of a Mobile Growth Panel:
- Roberto Sorolla and Laura López (InfoJobs) shared with us the results of the InfoJobs experiment “Experiment 626: the InfoJobs Growth Formula”.
- The Mobile Growth panel was moderated by Peggy Anne Salz (MobileGroove) and the participants were Xavier Bourlard (Headway), Kobi Edelstein (Appnext), Ivy Yu (YeahMobi), Thomas Petit (8fit) and André Kempe (SolidarityApp).
Engagement is also a very hot topic in the App Marketing industry:
- Jonathan Raveh (Neura) talked about “How real world data can revolutionize consumer Engagement and Retention”.
- We also had an Engagement Panel moderated by Justine Devos (InfoJobs) and formed by Anshul Kudal (Preciso.ai – Telefónica), Sandra Sancho (mytaxi), Marc Pelejà (Glovo) and Gaela Le Janne (wallapop).
Regarding Machine Learning, we are glad we could count on Javier Castro from Google who once again shared with us a really interesting presentation on “How does Machine Learning work for App Advertising?”.
App Marketing Strategy
Strategy is an important starting point so this topic could not be missed in our Conference. We could see a real life example, Victor Momparler from Just Eat highlighted key points related to app marketing and shared with us examples of actions that could be carried out in order to reach out to more users.
The App Economy
The last but not least important topic was App Economy. This section was led by Moshe Vaknin, CEO at YourAppi. He shared with us a wide variety of data (average ad spend, % of population that uses apps, personalization, etc) during his keynote on “The Billion Dollar App Opportunity”.
3. The workshops
As many attendees from previous years requested workshops, we decided to include some this year. In order to make it more profitable (in terms of learning) and interesting, the workshop addressed different topics:
- The first one was Ben Nolan from Priori Data who talked about “Internationalization on Mobile”.
- Peter Fodor (AppAgent) and Antti Paikkala (Small Giant Games) led an interesting workshop on “How to Create a Media Plan for a Mobile App Game”.
- Of course, at TheTool, we don’t want to miss a chance to help marketers and developers in their ASO strategy and that’s why our CEO Daniel Peris and our Marketing Manager Ekaterina Zolotareva carried out a workshop on “ASO from Scratch + PRO Tactics”.
- And finally, Carole Wi-Hai from Tenjin had her turn to talked about “Ad Monetization for Mobile Games – A Data Scientist’s Playbook”.
4. The location
Can you think of a more appealing location for a Conference than the W Hotel in Barcelona? I think that you got the idea, no words are needed to describe this amazing spot, right next to the beach with the perfect temperature and vibes 😉
5. The crowd
We are totally convinced that the speakers, talks, workshops and hosts are very important but, what is a Conference without attendees? Obviously nothing! It was a pleasure to receive such an amazing crowd from all over the world 🙂
You guys made this day unforgettable with your presence, comments, feedback and interest! We hope to see you again next year 😉
6. The networking opportunities
Encouraging networking was one of our main goals and we made it! There were many breaks throughout the day (breakfast, lunch, cocktail and the Happy Hour) and we could see how attendees, speakers and hosts talked to each other, exchanged business cards and even had short meetings.
7. The food and beverage
Can you imagine breaks without thinking of food and drinks? We neither! That’s why we made sure everyone could taste our famous Spanish Jamón Serrano among other dishes! As you probably know, in Spain we love food and we are always glad to share our typical dishes with everyone and….we didn’t want to miss the chance this time 😉
The largest App Marketing and Mobile Growth in Spain – Applause 2018
Once again we’d like to thank everyone for coming and taking part in Applause 2018. As we stated above this could have not been possible without you.
We are already thinking of new ideas and ways in how to improve and make Applause 2019 even better than this last edition.
Let’s make this Mobile Growth and App Marketing Conference one of the best from all over the world, together!
Any feedback and comments are totally welcomed and appreciated!